May be available upon request
match price or beat it by 10% *
Find out if you're eligible!
Glyxambi is a combination of 2 drugs: empagliflozin and linagliptin. It is used with a proper diet and exercise program to control high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Controlling high blood sugar helps prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, loss of limbs, and sexual function problems. Proper control of diabetes may also lessen your risk of a heart attack or stroke. Empagliflozin works by increasing the removal of sugar by your kidneys. Linagliptin works by increasing levels of natural substances called incretins. Incretins help to control blood sugar by increasing insulin release, especially after a meal. They also decrease the amount of sugar your liver makes.
Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily in the morning. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens (such as if your blood sugar is too high or too low).
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to empagliflozin or linagliptin; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney disease (such as being on dialysis), loss of too much body water (dehydration), disease of the pancreas (pancreatitis), use/abuse of alcohol, stones in your gallbladder (gallstones), low blood pressure, heart failure, high cholesterol, yeast infections in the vagina or penis. You may experience blurred vision, dizziness, or drowsiness due to extremely low or high blood sugar. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
Limit alcohol while taking this medication because it can increase your risk of developing low blood sugar and a high ketone level.
Contact your doctor if you experience these side effects and they are severe or bothersome. Your pharmacist may be able to advise you on managing side effects.
- Abdominal pain
- Joint or back pain
- Weight loss
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:
- Cold- or flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, stuffy or runny nose, sore throat)
- Low blood pressure (e.g., dizziness, fainting, lightheadedness when rising from sitting or lying position)
- Mouth ulcers
- Signs of dehydration (e.g., decreased urine, dry skin, dry and sticky mouth, sleepiness, dizziness, headache, thirst, confusion)
- Signs of kidney problems (e.g., increased urination at night, decreased urine production, blood in the urine, change of urine colour)
- Skin rash
- Symptoms of low blood sugar
- Symptoms of a urinary tract infection
- Symptoms of vaginal yeast infection
- Symptoms of yeast infection of the penis
To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next dose at a regular time. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store it in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Who should not take this medication?
Do not take this medication if you:
- are allergic to empagliflozin, linagliptin, or any ingredients of the medication
- are allergic to medications in the same class as empagliflozin (e.g., canagliflozin, dapagliflozin)
- are allergic to medications in the same class as linagliptin (e.g., saxagliptin, sitagliptin)
- have severely reduced kidney function
- are receiving dialysis
- are experiencing diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
- have type 1 diabetes mellitus
November 1, 2022
October 25, 2022
October 20, 2022
October 12, 2022
October 9, 2022
October 8, 2022
No more reviews to be displayed for the selected filters