2. Country of Origin
|Eflornithine Cream (Generic)|
|15g x 1||India||$68.00||ADD TO CART|
|15g x 2||India||$93.00||ADD TO CART|
|15g x 4||India||$154.00||ADD TO CART|
|Vaniqa Cream (Eflornithine)|
|30g x 1||Canada||$113.00||ADD TO CART|
|30g x 3||Canada||$277.00||ADD TO CART|
Vaniqa interferes with a chemical in hair follicles under the skin, which slows hair growth where the medicine is applied. The generic form of Vaniqa is called Eflornithine Cream and works as effectively as its brand name counterpart.
Vaniqa cream is used to reduce unwanted facial hair in women.
Vaniqa cream does not permanently remove facial hair or prevent hair growth.
Continue to use Vaniqa even if you do not see immediate results. Reduction in facial hair occurs gradually. Improvement may be seen as early as 4 to 8 weeks of treatment, however it may take longer in some individuals. If no improvement is seen after 6 months of use, treatment should be discontinued. Hair growth may return to pretreatment levels approximately 8 weeks after discontinuation of treatment.
Apply Vaniqa cream exactly as directed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Do not take by mouth. Topical medicine is for use only on the skin. Do not use on open wounds or on sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated skin.
Vaniqa cream is usually applied twice daily, at least 8 hours apart. This medicine is for use only on the face and chin. Do not apply to other areas of the body.
Before application, remove any facial hair using your desired hair removal method (razor, tweezers, etc). Wait at least 5 minutes before applying Vaniqa.
Wash your hands before and after applying the medicin
It is very important that your doctor check your progress at regular visits. This medicine may cause blood problems.
Eflornithine can lower the number of white blood cells in your blood, increasing the chance of getting an infection. It can also lower the number of platelets, which are necessary for proper blood clotting. If this occurs, there are certain precautions you can take to reduce the risk of infection or bleeding:
- Check with your doctor immediately if you think you are getting an infection or if you get a fever or chills.
- Check with your doctor immediately if you notice any unusual bleeding or bruising; black, tarry stools; blood in urine or stools; or pinpoint red spots on your skin.
- Be careful when using a regular toothbrush, dental floss, or toothpick. Your medical doctor, dentist, or nurse may recommend other ways to clean your teeth and gums. Check with your medical doctor before having any dental work done.
- Be careful not to cut yourself when you are using sharp objects such as a safety razor or fingernail or toenail cutters.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Vaniqa cream : hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using eflornithine and call your doctor at once if you have:
- Severe irritation of treated skin; or
- Redness or crusting around your hair follicles.
Common Vaniqa side effects may include:
- Temporary redness, rash, burning, stinging, itching, or tingling;
- Acne or red bumps on the skin;
- Skin dryness; or
What is this medicine?
Vaniqa Cream is used on the skin to reduce unwanted facial hair in women.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, use only that dose. Do not use double or extra doses.
Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Do not freeze. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.